You have landed on the retired Devils Lake Navigator Site. In April of 2017 we launched a new Devils Lake Neighborhood Association website which can be found at dlakeoregon.com. This historical site remains to provide the ability to search for posts that occurred prior to January 1, 2017. Feel free to search using the options provided in the side bar. For your convenience the new website contains a search function that is capable of finding material from both the new site (post 2016) and the old site (pre 2017).
Once again to locate current information from the Devils Lake Neighborhood Association visit dlakeoregon.com.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Congratulations to each and every one of our DLNA members for the accomplishments we collectively contributed to in 2016 on Devils Lake.
Here are just a few highlights:
- Best recreational water quality in the past 4 years!
- Not one harmful algal bloom
- Fantastic 4th of July boat parade and fireworks show 3rd year!
- Many of our membership have rolled up their sleeves and serve on DLWID committees and continue to do so.
- Great combination annual meeting and potluck on the point. Thanks Mitch and Dana.
Other GREAT news:
- DLWID Board Chair Kent Norris did a fantastic job filling in as interim Lake Manger and spent countless hours at their offices on the campus of COCC. Thanks for your dedication to our Lake Kent!
- A huge shout out to Tina French and Bill Sexton for their tireless work too.
- DLWID hired a great interim Lake Manager Tom Wood who moved many projects forward and most likely will be retained as a consultant in the future.
- DLWID recently hired a full time Lake Manager Joshua Brainerd who is well qualified and has moved to Lincoln City with his wife. He took the helm the first of December. I would encourage you to give him a call and welcome him aboard @ 541-994-5330.
What is coming up?
- Election season again in May 2017 for 2 DLWID Board positions.
- Brian Green and David Skirvin’s positions will be on the ballot.
- More to accomplish on the committee’s we serve on in 2017.
We are excited about the positive things that are happening on Devils Lake and the opportunity for more great things to happen in 2017.
You ALL make a difference. Go TEAM!
Mark Christie, President DLNA
The DLNA Annual Meeting will begin at 5:00pm on the patio prior to the beginning of our potluck. Come share some great food and fun with your lakeside neighbors. The get together will be hosted by Mitch and Dana Moore at 2929 NE Loop Drive on Sand Point.
Plan to bring your favorite dish, appetizer, main dish or casserole and join us, with your neighbor and friends for an afternoon of fun. Be sure to mark your calendar today!
The third Annual Meeting of the Devils Lake Neighborhood Association (DLNA) will be held at 5:00pm, on Saturday, August 6th, 2016, on the patio prior to the beginning of this year’s Potluck on the Point. The meeting location is at Mitch and Dana Moore’s at 2929 NE Loop Drive on Sand Point.
Come join us and your neighbors for the following purposes:
- A presentation on the activities of the DLNA.
- Review July 3rd Boat Parade and Fireworks Display.
- Discuss New Tax Exempt Status.
- Presentation of Association Financials .
- Open forum to allow neighbors to set the agenda for the DLNA.
- Draft a list of goals for the year ahead.
- Adjourn to Potluck on the Point.
Please mark your calendar and attend this important meeting. It is a great chance to meet your neighbors and shape the neighborhood’s future and this year the added bonus of a great dinner as well! Check our website at dlakeoregon.com for more details.
This report was supplied by Mark Christie the Chairman of the Special Projects Committee of the Devils Lake Water Improvement District (DLWID).
Our Special Project Committee hit the ground running July 4th with the 1st of what hopefully will be many SOLVE 4th of July clean ups at Devils Lake.
We had approximately 20+ volunteers (including those stationed at our 3 drop sites) combing the water in boats and kayaks looking for fireworks debris and other objects that needed to be removed from the water or shoreline.
A huge shout out to Tina French and her crew at North Lincoln Sanitary for picking up the debris we collected.
What a great group of dedicated volunteers that are stepping up and rolling up their sleeves on ALL the committees that have been formed over the last few months.
An important observation that is worth noting and a big shout out of thanks to the DLWID Board of Directors:
The water clarity is amazing and lack of any significant algae bloom to date is fantastic!
Every person that I have had contact with on the Lake over the past 30-45 days (and there have been many) have echoed the same sentiment and are ecstatic.
This has not been the case over the last 3 summers.
I believe this is directly related to impounding water to 9.53’ (instead of 9.0) and starting the impoundment period April 15th and not in June.
There is no doubt we still have much to do related to improving the health of the lake and the entire TEAM is showing their dedication to making that happen.
Celebrate With a Bang
It’s almost time for the Third Annual Devils Lake Neighborhood Association Fireworks display.
Date: Sunday July 3rd
Time: 9:30 PM
The Devils Lake Neighborhood Association is excited to present the Third Annual DLNA fireworks display. The Association is working with Western Fireworks who will come to Devils Lake to orchestrate another terrific show. Our show, at the mid-point of the holiday weekend will be held on Sunday July 3rd beginning at 9:30pm last 20-30 minutes and include some very special displays.
This spectacular show will be launched off a barge centrally located on the lake near Brown Bear Park, and will be clearly visible from D River Wayside, Regatta Park and Sand Point Park.
We continue to gathering donations for this spectacular fireworks display follow this donation link or the button in the sidebar to contribute any other amount for this wonderful show.